Intro to the Ukulele: For Absolute Beginners
Location: 4715 30th St. Suite 4. San Diego 92116 (3oth and Adams)
Inside the SDCAP studio.U
Ukulele For Teens and Adults
January 12 from 3:30-5pm
Ukuleles are available to borrow during the workshop upon request.
Workshop fee: $30.
Pre-registration required. Click here to sign up.
Playing the ukulele is fun and easy! In this introduction workshop, you’ll quickly progress on a path to musical happiness! Ukuleles are available to borrow during the workshop upon request. Taught by artistic director, Alison Marae. What we’ll learn:
- Learn how to hold your ukulele.
- Learn which fingers to use when strumming.
- Learn one, two and three finger chords in the key of C major.
- Learn how to read a ukulele chord chart.
- Learn several basic strumming patterns.
- Learn how to transition between chords.
- Learn what the four strings of a ukulele are tuned to.
- Learn a handful of easy songs by the end of the workshop.
- Learn the basics of singing and playing the ukulele at the same time.